W e work with teams and individuals to create situational leadership. What is Situational Leadership II? Created by the Ken Blanchard Companies, it is a comprehensive and practical method of managing and developing employees. SLII is a framework and a set of tools that we teach you to open up communications. It helps you manage your team to develop self-reliance. The design of SLII allows you to think through your employees’ capabilities so you can accurately plan on how to develop their skills and confidence in their work.
By learning SLII’s four leadership styles, you can determine which style to use when leading employees with different development styles. Because no one person has the same level of competence in every task, we teach leaders how to adapt their directive leadership style according to the situation. When managers complete Situational Leadership II training, they return to their teams sharing this framework to open up communications with their teams. The directive leadership that once seemed like micro-managing changes to a direct report and manager communicating their competence and confidence for a satisfying collaboration.
While Situational Leadership II applies prominently to the professional environment, it is a profound tool for any type of collaboration, including those in your personal life.
To learn more about how to use Situational Leadership II with your teams, contact us for a FREE consultation. Call us at 201-503-5298, EST.
Managers as well as individuals whose roles or lives include a great deal of collaboration with other people
Program Delivery Options
There is a wide range of opportunities to take Situational Leadership II including:
- Two Full Day Sessions
- Corporate Program for groups or teams
Situational Leadership II helps you create self-reliance in others. At the conclusion of the session, attendees will:
- Understand the development levels of attendees’ employees or collaborators and choose the appropriate leadership style
- Plan to increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development between themselves and their employees or collaborators
- Create a communication model for all collaborators to support cultural change and move toward better relationships and higher performance
- Become flexible leaders highly skilled at goal setting, coaching, performance evaluation, active listening, feedback, and proactive problem solving
- Increase individual and organizational accountability by linking goals and planned intentions to an action plan
Long Term Success
After the learning, the real work begins. Work one-on-one with a professional coach to create a long-term plan for successful relationship building. In Coaching for Application, principles and skills learned in the Situational Leadership II session are reinforced through two to four coaching sessions for an additional fee. Visit Coaching for Application for more information.